Monday, May 16, 2011

My Guilty Pleasure...(well one of them...)

  So, we alllllll have a guilty pleasure or two (or three or four...ok yea, you get the point!)  and one of mine happens to be "reality" t.v. shows.  I've always been secretly in love with them.  It started way back in the day with the Real World on MTV and has gotten progressively worse over the years since "reality" shows have been becoming more and more popular.  


  As of the past couple years, one of my favorite shows is The Real Housewives.  It doesn't matter what season or what city, I looove it!!  Tonight is the first episode of Season 3 for the Real Housewives of New Jersey!!  This particular cast was one of my favorites out of the entire Housewives clan.  They always have a lot of drama and there's always soo much going on, I love it!!!  I absolutely LOVE their accents, the way they dress and carry themselves...I just love them!!


  This season isn't going to have Danielle (thank the good lord!!), who, if you've watched the previous seasons, was like the season B*tch!  Ugh I couldn't stand her!!!!!!!!  She was always the start of the drama on the show and literally EVERY person on that show had some kind of problem with her.  Last season was priceless, with her going EVERYWHERE with her "bodyguards".  LOL I mean really Danielle, you're not the President, nor are you someone who is uber famous.  Everything she does, did, whatever was for attention and to stir things up. She's what I liked to call, an attention whore.  I'm serious!!  If you've never seen the previous seasons I highly suggest doing so!!  I'm pretty sure if you go on Bravo.com they have the previous season's episodes.


  They are bringing 2 new housewives into this season and from what I've heard and read, it's gonna be CRAZY!!!!  I'm dying to see what this season is going to be about!!!  As long as my Caroline (Manzo) and Teresa (Giudice) are still on, I'm happy.  There's going to be LOTS of drama and fighting, as usual.  Both of the new housewives are related to Teresa and from what I hear, Teresa can't stand one of them!!  I think the reason I love this particular cast is because they're all Italian.  Me and my family are all Italian as well and I think watching them sometimes, ONLY sometimes, reminds me of my family.  They're loud and obnoxious but they all love each other soo much, no matter what happens.  My favorite line that Caroline says is, "We're family.  We're thick as thieves and we'll protect each other till the end, no matter what." That is such a great quote and I like to think the same applies for my family and I.  


  You can watch the Real Housewives of New Jersey on the Bravo network, Monday nights at 10:00 pm (Eastern time).  And don't forget to watch Watch What Happens Live with Andy Cohen directly after for all the juicy gossip, recaps of what happened on that night's episode and special guests in the clubhouse!!  


  Well, it's getting closer to 9pm and since tonight is the first episode of this season, it's airing at 9pm and is 90minutes long!!!!  (as opposed to the normal 60minute episode)  I'm soo excited and hope everyone tunes in!!!  Check back tomorrow for my take on the episode!!! 


Question for the night:  What's YOUR guilty pleasure?

Stay blessed and remember: YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!

xoxo Lisa xoxo

Extras:  Check out Teresa Guidice's cookbook:  Skinny Italian
It's an awesome cookbook with delicious recipes and beautiful pictures of Teresa and her family!!  
Check it out:  http://www.amazon.com/Skinny-Italian-Enjoy-Bella-Great/dp/tags-on-product/1401310354 

2 comments:

  1. Wow! Thanks for the scoop! I am a reality TV show addict myself. I just stick to the family friendly ones because of my girls. Its hard to sit and watch anything without them watching over my shoulder, too. Lol! I will see if I can check it out online. Can you watch the episodes online? My guilty pleasure is Chocolate. I love me some chocolate! xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. aww lol you're welcome!! there's actually someone on YT that posts episodes on their channel so I'll send you the link on there!! I know what you mean, it's definitely not a family show with the drama that goes on!! If you go to http://www.bravo.com and click on the Real Housewives of New Jersey they show little clips and extra bonus stuff that isn't on tv!! Mmmm chocolate!!! lol i looove chocolate!! xoxo Thank you for reading this!! I'm glad you liked it! I'm going to write about the first episode now that it's already aired. =)

    ReplyDelete