Thursday, May 19, 2011

Idol...And Then There Were 2...

  In tonight's episode of American Idol, there were 3 left:  Scotty, Lauren and Hailee.  I've been BIG fans of both Scotty and Lauren for some time now but for some reason Hailee rubbed me the wrong way from the very start.  She does have a good voice but sometimes it seems like she's really trying to show off and she always gave me this feeling like somehow she knew she had this WHOLE thing in the bag.


  All 3 contestants got to go back to their hometowns, since they've been gone the past 3 months competing on Idol.  The first one they showed in their hometown was Hailee.  Eh, I wasn't all that impressed.  I mean yea, she had a lot of people rooting for her when she got there and it was nice and all but EH...


  Next, they showed Scotty go back to his hometown.  Talk about needing a box of tissues!!  He is just so damn cute, I wanted to jump through the tv and hug him!!  He got soo overwhelmed with emotion at the amount of people that were there to support him and welcome him back home for the short while he was there.  He went to the grocery store he was working at before his Idol adventure started and it was soo heartwarming.  The people in his town really love him and were soo proud of him for making it to the final 3.  He cried quite a few times (and so did I!) at the outpour of love and support from his hometown fans.  While he was singing "Your Man" for his fans, the song that he sang for his audition in the very beginning, the guy who really sings the song (Josh Turner) came out onto the stage and completely surprises him.  It was soo cute to see Scotty's reaction!!  He's just a good ol' Southern boy and I <3 him!


  Finally they showed Lauren go back to her hometown.  This was also another tearjerking moment because she took a ride through an area that was devastated by the storms that hit the South recently.  It really was heartbreaking to see all the damage that happened as a result of those storms.  My heart broke for all those people that were affected by it.  And I could tell Lauren's heart broke too.  She was very emotional riding through (as was I).  Then she went and met up with this 11 year old boy that saved his baby brother from being killed during the storm.  OMG talk about waterworks!  I was soo teary eyed that I could barely see the screen anymore!!!  The boy pulled his baby brother out from underneath some bricks that fell and then said that he "didn't want anything bad to happen to him."  Aww!!  What a brave little boy!  Then they showed Lauren singing for all her fans and it was such a beautiful thing to watch.  For such a young girl, she really has such an amazing voice and seems like a really genuine person.


  There were performances from Nicole Scherzinger and 50 Cent and there was this group of 3 Italian boys that sang "Oh Sole Mio" (which is one of my fave Italian songs) and they were REALLY awesome!!  They were adorable, especially the one that stood in the middle!  Ow owwww!  He was a hottie!!  Love me a hot Italian man!!  (yet another of my guilty pleasures...but we'll save that for another post..lol)


  When it came down to the elimination, my heart was literally pounding.  I was sooo anxious to know who was going home and who was going to be part of the last 2 for next week.  And of course Ryan Seacrest tricked us by having the 3 of them all stand together, holding hands and then proceeded to say, "We'll find out..after the break."  UGH!  I hate that!!  Just tell us!!!


  They came back from the break and got right into it, THANK GOD!  Scotty was the first one to make it to the finals, with 95million votes!!  Go Scotty!!!!  Then it came down to the 2 girls.  I was literally on the edge of my seat, shaking, praying and in tears because I was still happy for Scotty making it.  All the sudden, Seacrest says "LAUREN!" and I lost it!!!  I was ecstatic to hear her name get called over that other one.  Lauren was soo happy because I have a feeling she thought she was going home and to her surprise, she wasn't!!!  And that other one, Hailee, she looked SHOCKED and none too thrilled to hear that she was the one that got the boot!  HA HA!!!  That's what you get when you think you're better then everyone!!  (Wow, can you tell I really didn't like her? lol)


  I'm soo happy that Scotty and Lauren made it to the finals and either one that wins, I am going to be thrilled for.  They are both amazing singers and truly genuine people and I feel they both deserve it.  Oh hell, it doesn't matter who wins anyway because they'll still get a contract deal with someone after the show's over.  (Think back to Jennifer Hudson...she didn't win and look at her now!) 


  All in all I was VERY pleased with the outcome of tonight's episode.  Lot's of tears, laughs and cheers!  America made the right choice by voting for those 2 to be in the Finale.  Now, may the best one win!!!


Question For The Night:  Who's YOUR favorite Idol?  Past or Present

Stay Blessed and Remember: 
YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!

xoxo  Lisa  xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment