Monday, May 30, 2011

And The Winner Is....

  Well, as most of you already know, American Idol Season 11 has come to an end.  It was an amazing season, full of laughing, crying and most of all FABULOUS singing.  If  you read my previous post on the 2nd to last episode (And Then There Were 2), then you know that the last 2 standing were Scotty and Lauren.  I was sooo happy that they were the 2 finalists.  It didn't matter which of them won, I was happy for both!


  When Lauren sang her song "Like My Mother Does", I will admit that tears came rushing to my eyes.  It was such a beautiful, touching song.  I truly thought she had it in the bag, especially when she walked off the stage and up to her mother in the audience.  She was hugging her mom and singing and it was just so heartwarming.  Watch Lauren Sing "Like My Mother Does"

  Now, when Scotty sang his song "I Love You This Big", I got goosebumps!  It was such an adorable song and the way he sings can literally melt any girl's heart.  I always loved when he would look directly into the camera while he was singing because it always seemed as if he was singing to YOU (you being the viewer at home).  He has such an incredible stage presence.  So calm and collected yet so confident but not cocky.  I always enjoyed watching his performances.  Watch Scotty Sing "I Love You This Big"

  The Finale episode was jam packed with performances from all kinds of big musicians such as Judas Priest, Tony Bennett, Beyonce,  Lady Gaga, Mark Anthony, TLC and the list goes on.  It was probably one of the best Finales I've seen in American Idol history!  The producers of American Idol really outdid themselves this year, pulling out all the big guns and sparing no expense.


  I really loved when Lauren and Carrie Underwood sang "Before He Cheats" because that is one of my FAVORITE Carrie Underwood songs.  It was sweet because Lauren looks up to Carrie and it must have been such an honor to be able to perform with her.  Check Out Carrie Underwood and Lauren Sing "Before He Cheats"


  Scotty got to sing with Tim McGraw, one of his idols.  They sang "Live Like You Were Dying" and it was truly an amazing performance.  This song that they sang was really beautiful and had powerful words.  Check Out Tim McGraw and Scotty Sing "Live Like You Were Dying"


  In my eyes, this was definitely the closest competition I've seen on American Idol.  I truly believe that ALL of America loved both of the finalists equally.  And we already know how the judges felt about them.  This was such a close call but in the end, I believe the right person was picked to be the winner.  But like all competitions, a winner must be chosen.  Lauren and Scotty stood next to each other, holding hands, waiting to hear who's name was going to be called.  Everyone was on the edge of their seats waiting in anticipation.  And then Ryan Seacrest announces the winner: SCOTTY MCCREERY!  My family and I shrieked with joy that he won!!  We were soo happy for him.  He truly did earn this victory.  And to my surprise, Lauren took losing with grace and maturity.  I kind of thought she was going to be crying because she lost but she was all smiles and gave Scotty such a big hug.  Then there was the "kiss heard round' the world."  When Lauren was giving Scotty a hug she gave him a kiss!!  It was sooo cute because all season long, my parents and I thought they would make such a good couple.  And of course, because of this infamous kiss, all sorts of rumors and controversy was stirred up.  Watch The Winner Get Announced!  Now, what I thought was extremely touching, was what Scotty says when Ryan asks "What does it feel like?"  You can watch that in the link (Watch the Winner Get Announced).


  Now I'm going to be honest.  I NEVER used to like Country music.  Not at all...Not one bit!  BUT after watching this season of American Idol, listening to the songs Scotty and Lauren sang, it really did change my opinion of Country music.  I may not like ALL Country music but I have definitely started to listen to it and have a greater appreciation for it now.  This was such a fantastic season of American Idol.  One I will never forget.  Watching Scotty get brought to tears when he was singing his song at the end was something that plays over and over in my head.  He was soo happy and sooo appreciative that people voted him to be the new American Idol.  Good job America!  So, until next season...remember, I love YOU this BIG!


Question For The Night:  What was your favorite performance of the night on the Finale episode?

As Always, Remember:

YOU ARE GORGEOUS!!!

xoxo Lisa xoxo

No comments:

Post a Comment